PayPal believes in democratizing financial services by building global, unified, and scalable products. The post processing team accurately price and move money, handle Disputes in a timely manner for any payment instrument or service.
We are passionate about building diverse teams that work collaboratively to convert innovative ideas into reality, while solving challenges across the payment’s domain focused on scalability, performance, and cloud first approach!
Communication is key to our process, and we don’t want to hinder it with walls. Many teams program in pairs, which means you always have another set of eyes to help you.
The Teams practice test-driven development and believe that it helps deliver simple solutions focused on real customer needs. Developers test, release and monitor their own code.
We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups and have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements.
We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible product. Data places a crucial role with large merchant onboard, we have interesting scalability challenges, migrating data to Aurora on AWS, archival, ice-boxing, query optimization, sharding strategies are top priorities for this team!
What we look for in you:
- 4+ years experience building software or web applications with object oriented or functional programming languages. We focus on writing clean, well-designed and scalable code
- Ability and desire to work in our collaborative environment: open team room, pair programming and fluid interactions with all products and operations teams
- Interest in TDD and specific experiences using a test heavy approach to solve problems and create solutions
- Focus on building solutions utilizing an agile approach: close relationships with Product Managers, communicating and digesting real time feedback, and working smart to build story cards on daily basis
- Has proven experience working in a high transaction volume environment and has solved scaling issues relating to the data or application
- Has experience with handling live incidents and performing root cause analysis
- Experience with Batch Processing, PostgreSQL, Aurora DB on AWS, Ruby on Rails, Kafka, Qless an asset
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.