At UrbanLogiq - we help build better communities with data!
UrbanLogiq offers an integrated data visualization and analytics platform to governments. Founded in 2016, UrbanLogiq is one of the global govtech industry’s fastest growing start-ups and we want you to join our team.
UrbanLogiq exclusively serves public government agencies providing them with cloud-based SaaS solutions that help them better create, manage, use, and consume insights from data, making government services more efficient and effective.
Our mission is to democratize cutting-edge data science and software services for governments of all shapes and sizes, paving the way for stronger, safer, better-connected communities. UrbanLogiq’s award winning software is currently used by government agencies across Canada and the US.
About the Role
UrbanLogiq is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for leading the implementation and development of our products for our customers, which are built on top of a platform developed by UrbanLogiq.
At the nexus of product development at UrbanLogiq, you’re an advocate for product quality and for the development team. You work closely with product designers, providing feedback and creating technical implementation plans. You collaborate with data scientists and data engineers to understand our datasets, help design the underlying models, and integrate these into our products. And ultimately, you’ll ship products that deliver valuable insights to our customers.
- Develop product requirements in collaboration with product designers and other stakeholders.
- Create and manage the creation of technical implementation plans and monitor their execution. You will be responsible for negotiating deadlines and requirements with the product team on an ongoing basis throughout the development process.
- Be an advocate for the development team and for the quality of the product. You will be responsible for ensuring that deliverables are scoped appropriately such that they are both delivered on time and meet the key user needs.
- Produce high quality individual contributions to our Typescript and Rust codebases.
- Lead junior and intermediate developers in the implementation of new products and functionality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills. The ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people is essential to success in this role.
- Proven experience in senior or lead roles, with demonstrated ability to grow and mentor other junior developers.
- Strong experience with TypeScript and a web development framework such as React is preferred. Experience with Rust is also an asset.
- Experience working across the entire backend-to-frontend stack that makes up modern web applications.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience building business intelligence products that handle large and diverse data sets is a strong bonus
If you're passionate about building innovative solutions that can make a positive impact on cities and communities, and are excited about working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we'd love to hear from you.