Founded in 2017, Goose is an innovative travel insurance broker who has transformed the industry, giving North Americans, effortless access to personal lines of insurance through a mobile app.
As Senior React Native Engineer, you will work directly with Senior Management and be instrumental in the development, design and operation of our native apps. This is a startup so expect an exciting and dynamic environment where you will be exposed to and learn a lot about all facets of the business.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience developing and deploying React Native apps on iOS and Android
- Solid understanding of mobile ecosystems (iOS, Android)
- Experience bridging native capabilities to React Native
- Experience working within the iTunes App Store and Google Play Store
- Experience monitoring and troubleshooting released apps
- Experience integrating 3rd party marketing and analytics SDKs
- Connecting to backend services and APIs
- Ability to balance immediate business needs with long term architectural planning
- Source management using GIT
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to high quality code and following coding standards
- Native development on iOS (Objective-C, Swift, Xcode)
- Native development on Android (Java)
- Startup experience and exposure to mobile marketing tools and practices
- Experience with with tools like JIRA, Trello, Crashlytics, and etc.
- Backend experience using Node+Express
- Web frontend experience with React and/or Vue
If you are interested, please apply with your resume and cover letter.