Who are we?
Svante is a rapidly growing clean energy technology company making commercial-scale carbon capture and removal a reality and enabling global industries to play offense in the fight against climate change that will accelerate the global transition to a lower-carbon economy. The growing success of our company is owed to our commitment to our people, our emphasis on our values, and our innovative technology. Passion is put into what we do every day.
The Role: Product Test Engineer
Who are you?
The Mechanical Test Engineer contributes to physical testing investigations completed within the Product Group. This role will contribute to ongoing investigations and definition and development of new testing infrastructure for the development of Rotary Adsorption Machine (RAM) and Structured Adsorbent Bed (SAB) ‘filter’ products. While maintaining safety and test data integrity, the Mechanical Test Engineer will design, develop, program, procure, build, commission, calibrate, and operate the test equipment and systems.
Working within the framework of Svante Values and Goals the Mechanical Test Engineer will deliver data pertaining to test investigations carried out. This will include maintaining full lifecycle documentation including but not limited to: requirements defined at inception, design/build documentation, purchasing documentation, commissioning, calibration, operation and data acquired. This data and documentation will be controlled and catalogued for the benefit of the company.
The Mechanical Test Engineer ensures that Svante Goals and Values are represented to internal and external customers and suppliers.
- VPP & Product Leadership – new technology validation and development recommendations
- Computation Core Products – investigation results
- Seal Core Products – investigation results
- SABL – investigation results
- SABM – manufacturing testing support
- Supply chain – documentation and support for purchasing
- Rapid Prototyping Group – models, drawings and specifications
- VPP & Product Leadership– Vision, Goals and Objectives
- Computation Core Products – investigation requirements
- Seal Core Products – investigation requirements
- SABL – investigation requirements
- SABM – investigation requirements
- Supply chain – purchased parts
- Rapid Prototyping Group – prototype parts and assemblies
- Under the direction of the Test Team Lead, Core Team system leaders, SAMD design and manufacturing and RAM and SAB product leaders, design, develop and procure new test equipment.
- Maintain and upgrade existing test infrastructure including mechanical, pneumatic, and systems tasks.
- Develop methodologies to achieve the requirements of requested investigations.
- Design test equipment in a lead engineer capacity.
- Prepare physical drawings and specifications to meet needs of the test plan.
- Source test equipment and tools.
- Assemble and operate test equipment.
- Prepare test reports.
- Maintain data for test equipment/stations, as assigned.
- Complete calibration of test equipment, as assigned.
- Experience: 5 to 10 years experience in product testing field. Ideally this should be within technologies similar to Svante’s.
- Strong mechanical design experience and skillset required.
- Able to design and commission rotating equipment, from drive selection to build.
- Able to design and commission piping layouts, from P&ID’s to build.
- Proven experience of advancing technology through the use of investigative technologies and testing is highly desirable.
- Experience using Creo, SolidWorks, AutoCAD. Experience with PLC programming software is an asset.
- Experience: hands-on, building and implementing equipment controlled by software preferably in an industry associated with the flow of gases.
- Knowledge: Excellent grasp of first principles in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, fluid dynamics and thermodynamics.
- Attitude: Must naturally espouse Svante values and believe in our Goals and Objectives.
- Education: Engineering to, at least, bachelor’s degree level in Mechanical Engineering.
- Registered, or eligible to be registered with EGBC as an EIT or P.Eng.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.