Los Angeles, CA
Do you want a leadership role building and shaping the technology of the world’s next biggest shopping platform?
ari is a female-founded, fashion industry-backed peer-to-peer shopping platform. We are on a mission to give back control to direct-to-consumer brands who need to grow in a new digital landscape where people are shopping through people. We are disrupting a traditional centralized marketplace model that owns a brand’s customer and data that they need to grow. Most importantly, we want shopping to be fun again! Our team has a combined 40+ years working within the fashion industry and marketing thousands of brands. We have first-hand experience with the shift towards the person as the product and brands being cut out of the paradigm shift towards the creator economy.
Our product is both an iOS and Android mobile app and web app.
Vancouver, Canada or Los Angeles or Remote | Full-time
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience working with Node.js, Java, Python, or equivalent backend technologies
- 5+ years experience working with MySql, Postgres, or equivalent database technologies
- 3+ years experience working with React, Vue, Angular, or other modern frontend technologies
- 3+ years experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strategic Do-er: Define long-term scalable architecture, roadmap and iterate on technical priorities but also execute by building beautiful, production-ready, reliable code.
- Experience in mobile development, Android and iOS
- Understanding of data processing and data storage security.
- Worked on projects involving integrations, webhooks, and/or APIs.
- Hustler, problem-solver, obsessed about delivering a solution 10x better than the rest
- Collaborative leader working cross-functionally with other engineers, product managers, and designers.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile development methodology.
- Bonus: e-commerce or social commerce experience
About the role
Reporting to our Founder and CEO your focus will be to lead the development of the ari product from beta to launch and onwards. As we scale, this role has the runway to develop into a CTO position for the right candidate.
What You’ll Do
- Own big projects and decisions related to the technical delivery of our business model, including infrastructure, software, tools, systems, and process orientation.
- Write code and handle technical tasks concerning first product iteration and technical process backup.
- Roadmap our technology architecture and stack in alignment with product - strategically identify the most innovative technological solutions for our customers.
- Identify, hire and manage development team members to execute on product development.
We’re not kidding when we say that our values come first. We genuinely love working together and it’s important that our values align as a team. Here’s what matters to us and we hope they matter to you, too:
- Curious - you search for the root of the problem and various ways to solve it.
- Self-starter - you are not the type of person to sit around and wait for the answer.
- Integrity - you do the right thing because it’s the only way to do business.
- Collaborative - you believe in transparent communication and leveraging a team’s capabilities.
- Overall good human - you like to have fun, you care about people, you park your ego at the door and you would break for the squirrel.
The fine print
- This role can be remote. We have offices in Vancouver and Los Angeles.
- Interested parties who have not had Lead Engineer titles but have similar experience should apply as this is a fast-growing company.
- Compensation based on experience and structure of the agreement; equity + cash compensation.
Please email email@example.com to apply.