We are seeking a Laboratory and Facilities Manager to play a key role in the management and planning of our facilities and lab operations. You will lead the planning for future facility needs, identify and execute on obtaining new space and configure our space to meet ongoing needs. You will oversee the installation of all new equipment and ensure that our equipment is maintained at an operational level by creating and maintaining an equipment preventative maintenance system.
As the Laboratory and Facilities Manager, you will proactively develop strong relationships with key internal stakeholders in R&D, GMP, Technology Development, and Supply Chain to ensure our facilities can support our mission to develop bioprinted therapeutics. You will also partner with our Supply Chain team to ensure that our research programs have the appropriate consumables and materials available to surpass their program goals.
What You’ll Do
- As part of the Finance and Operations team you will assist in planning for future expansion needs and help identify potential new spaces and sites. This will include gaining an in depth understanding of operational requirements and developing a facility plan to meet these needs.
- Establish and maintain a system documenting all equipment and its preventative maintenance and calibration schedules.
- Perform planned and corrective maintenance and calibration of all lab equipment and limited facility infrastructure. These areas include the office, research labs, and manufacturing facilities.
- Schedule maintenance activities with the area and equipment owners. Working closely with Department Heads and our Quality Team to coordinate maintenance events such as resource planning, change overs, and preventative maintenance.
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions.
- Lead and support any expansion or reconfiguration projects including any equipment installations.
- Maintain a functional lab supply and inventory management system partnering with our Supply Chain team to ensure we always have appropriate lab inventory levels.
- Establish safety precautions and regulations in all areas where duties are performed.
- Report all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions.
- Prioritize workload to maintain a compliant and safe work environment.
- Understand and comply with of all current corporate policies and procedures.
Who You Are
- Education: Technical certification or bachelor’s degree in engineering or science.
- Required Experience: Experience managing onsite facility and lab operations. Experience in maintaining equipment in a life science or other regulated industry is strongly preferred.
- Go-Getter: You are structured and organized, work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Effective Communicator: You have superior written and verbal communication skills. You are an active listener who can work with different audiences in diverse situations.
- Proactive: You can look ahead at future needs and can create order in and ever-changing and busy environment. You are a natural problem solver with strong decision-making capability.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a team environment and believe that we can get further faster by working together.
- Detail-Oriented: You sweat the small stuff when it comes to detail, you take pride in your work, and you strive for excellence in the work you do.
- Intellectually Curious: You have a burning desire to learn more and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- Flexible Work Schedule: You have the flexibility to work varying hours to support infrastructure needs.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company creating bioprinted tissue therapeutics to transform how we treat disease. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to create a new class of regenerative medicine and work towards a future where our bioprinted tissues are used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Every person on our team is a key contributor to our success and is eager to roll up their sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. If you are committed to making a real impact and accelerating the development of life-changing therapies, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.