Do you have a passion for the environment and clean tech, and a drive to change our world for the better? Are you eager to build your career in a growing company, enjoying getting exposure to a variety of tasks, and enjoy new challenges? Keep reading! We may have your dream job!
At HTEC Hydrogen Technology & Energy Corporation, we’re unlocking the potential of hydrogen to reduce climate change and air pollution. Based in Vancouver, we design, build, and operate hydrogen fuel supply solutions to support the deployment of hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicles. Every day, we’re delivering safe, reliable, convenient, sustainable, and low-cost hydrogen to customers and consumers, how, when, and where they need it.
We run a values-based business so fit comes first. Sure, we’ve got a list of knowledge, skills, and abilities we’re looking for in the successful candidate, and we lay those out below. But making sure our values align is critical. Read our values and if we are a match and you can deliver on the job responsibilities and requirements, we hope to hear from you!
HTEC currently has an opportunity for an Intermediate Process Engineer. This position will be focused on the design, implementation, and operation of hydrogen refueling stations, hydrogen production plants and other new and innovative projects to support the burgeoning hydrogen economy. An ideal candidate will have a strong degree of initiative, excellent written and verbal communication skills, a dedication to accuracy in their work, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks. The person in this position will work closely with senior engineers and EITs to complete various projects.
- Conduct process design, developing equipment specifications, piping design and sizing, commissioning, and plant integration
- Collaborate and coordinate with project engineers, contractors, consultants, and other disciplines to accomplish project goals
- Produce quality engineering documents such as:
Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s)
Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s) in AutoCAD
Mass and Energy Balances
Design Basis Memorandums
- Develop a firm understanding of relevant hydrogen codes and apply those to design work.
- Develop business cases and perform cost benefit analysis for process improvements and equipment selection
- Support risk assessments (HAZID, HAZOP) with relevant process expertise
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance to operations staff
- Engineering degree in Chemical or Process Engineering (Registered or eligible to register as an EIT).
- Must have a minimum of 3-4 years of experience in process engineering (4-10 years experience)
- Has a strong understanding of process design and experience working in industrial plants
- Experience working in a EPCM environment would be considered an asset
- Experience working with and designing high pressure gas or cryogenic systems would be considered an asset.
HTEC offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a creative, cohesive work environment and continuous opportunity for development. If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume, an unofficial transcript, and a cover letter including a description of projects and accomplishments relevant to the position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
All interviews will be done over video with the final interview being done in person if possible.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- process engineering: 2 years (preferred)