We are currently seeking a Full Stack Software Developer to join Terramera’s Green Chemistry Solutions team. This position will play a key role in the development of new digital tools to allow users to efficiently document and process scientific data and effectively analyze complex data sets for a variety of applications.
To help build highly useable software solutions from the ground up, as well as maintain existing products that are used daily to support business activities.
Reporting to the Chief Scientific Officer, the Software Developer will join our In Silico Platform team and work closely with Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers and Computational Chemists, and other groups in R&D.
- Implement the enterprise’s Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), design patterns and technical standards and practices
- Work with enterprise level application to automate collection of instrument data
- Maintain and improve existing platforms
- Ensure that software that is deployed meets quality standards as well as functional and non-functional requirements
- Contribute to the ongoing improvements of the team’s processes
- Perform other related duties and tasks as required
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in related field
- 3+ years of work experience in software engineering and development
- Proficiency with database concepts and technologies (e.g. Postgres, MySQL)
- Strong Object-Oriented design and Java programming proficiency
- Experience with back-end technologies like Spring Boot
- Proven track record of deploying Java / Web Services applications
- Experience implementing SOA principles and RESTful services specifically
- Experience working with scientific instruments / laboratory imaging devices
- Experience working with automation of instrument data collection and development of data pipelines
- Familiarity with cloud services (Azure, AWS)
- Strong experience with Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Ability to write clean and maintainable code
- Github and/or web portfolio of previous projects
- Exposure to Docker and Linux systems
- Familiarity with current Web UX technologies (e.g. Vue.js / Angular / React)
- Familiarity with Python
- Familiarity with scientific, machine learning/machine vision and statistics applications
QUALITIES WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Advanced abstract reasoning skills
- High conscientiousness/follow-through
- Strong team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys multi-tasking and cross-disciplinary work connecting engineering and science
- Takes initiative, generating new and innovative approaches to problems
- Responsive to feedback and applying it for continuous improvements
- This position is based in Vancouver, BC (Hybrid)
WHO WE ARE
Terramera is an AgTech company transforming how we grow food and the economics of agriculture by simulating complex systems and the interactions of molecules and taking learnings from and to the field. The company provides solutions to the agricultural industry to reduce the use of synthetic pesticides, increase crop resiliency, predictability and quality, support regenerative agronomy and measure the carbon sequestered through regenerative agriculture. Terramera is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, with integrated operations that include research labs, automated plant growth facilities and a robotics workshop, and has more than 200 patents in its IP portfolio.
Our success begins with our people. We’re looking for A-Players who are passionate about making a difference as we are and thrive in environments that are dynamic, challenging and rewarding. Join our movement, as we set a new standard and change the world together as a highly dedicated, innovative, future-focused and solutions-oriented team.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information on Terramera, please visit our website at www.terramera.com
Terramera is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. As we make serious efforts to learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool, we invite you to voluntarily provide demographic information in a confidential survey at the end of this application.
Providing this information is optional. It will not be used in the hiring process, and has no effect on your opportunity for employment.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.