At Montra, we believe the future of video is bright. We’re building a slide-based video editor that makes it easy to create professional videos. With backing from top venture investors over two rounds of financing, Montra’s mission is to put professional video creation in the hands of everyone at work. If that objective resonates, we’d love to hear from you!
About The Role:
Montra is seeking a Senior Full Stack Developer to join their team. As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you will work alongside the CTO to build a delightful video creation experience. Your responsibilities will include demonstrating expert knowledge of React and Python to build scalable and performant applications. You will collaborate with our Intermediate and Senior Developers, our CEO, and CTO to define and refine feature and issue requirements. Utilizing advanced coding skills and best practices, you will develop secure, reliable, reusable, and scalable code that meets the needs of the project and the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Work in collaboration with UX designers, the CEO, and CTO to define and refine the requirements of features and issues
- Utilize advanced coding skills and best practices to develop secure, reliable, reusable, and scalable code that meets the needs of the project and the organization
- Perform detailed performance analysis and optimization to ensure that the codebase is efficient and performs well under various conditions. This may include identifying and addressing bottlenecks, implementing optimization techniques, and regularly monitoring performance metrics to identify and resolve any issues
- Follow established design patterns and coding standards to ensure that the codebase is maintainable, readable, and easy to understand for other developers
- Make sure your services and systems are well-documented, with diagrams and end-to-end guides
- Over five years of professional experience developing with React
- Proficient in developing applications using Python
- Proficient in developing applications using TypeScript
- Proven experience with Docker, including container creation, management, and orchestration using Docker Compose
- Proficient in the usage of source code management such as Git, as well as working knowledge of CI/CD practices
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with team members in a remote work environment
- Self-motivated person who can work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Great To Have
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing, testing, and deploying infrastructure using Terraform
- Familiarity with Supabase, including the ability to design and implement data models and integrations with external APIs
- Proficiency in AWS cloud technologies
- Experience using the FFmpeg library
- Skilled in C++ programming and object-oriented design
- Experience working with Web Assembly
- Hands-on experience in using Rust
- ❤️🩹 Your Health Matters: Top-of-the-line healthcare with paid dental and vision coverage for you and your family.
- 🌅 Team Retreats: Multiple times per year, we’ll get together in person and work collaboratively in person all around the globe.
- 🏦 Meaningful Equity: Every founding team member receives a generous equity package to ensure you’re an owner, not a renter.
- 💳 WeWork All Access: Leave your bedroom and work remotely at one of 700 WeWork locations globally.
- 🌴 Unlimited Vacation Days Per Year: Unwind by the beach, the mountains or wherever your heart desires with three weeks of vacation per year.
- 🖥️ Annual Remote Work Stipend: Every year, you’ll have A $500 stipend to improve your remote work setup.
How to Apply
At Montra, we believe the best team members come from diverse backgrounds and bring unique experiences to work. We don’t care where you came from, where you went to school, or what you do. We simply care about your grit, work ethic, and passion for video as a mechanism for sharing ideas. While the makeup of our team is not all one and the same, we are all bonded by our belief that a world where more people can create videos they’re proud of is a world we all want to live in. If that sounds like a world you want to help create, we’d love to hear from you!
Drop your resume at email@example.com with the subject “Full Stack Developer Application.”