Procurify is the leading all-in-one spend management solution that helps mission-driven organizations deliver tracking, accountability, and end-to-end workflows for expenses and spending. It’s our goal to unlock the financial potential of our customers so they can create a greater positive impact in society.
We’re looking for a Financial Controller to join our team of humble “misfits that fit”.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Procurify is looking for a detailed and process oriented person who is passionate about end to end customer experience.
You are a person who is organized, knows how to prioritize tasks, and you’re motivated by helping our customers achieve the best version of themselves.
Everyone at Procurify is a team player. A big part of this role involves building rapport with customers and other external vendors. We’re seeking entrepreneurial people who are willing to challenge the status quo and contribute to larger strategic objectives.
What you’ll be working on
- Lead, coach and performance manage a team of finance professionals, performing regular reviews and providing constructive feedback for growth
- Responsible for annual financial audit and acting as the main point of contact internally and externally. Prepare working papers and coordinate all back up requests.
- Own and facilitate the Month End process. Responsible to review and approve team journal entries and prepare advanced working papers (ie: unearned revenue, accruals).
- Responsible for all payroll related activities and schedules; partner closely with the People team for on/off boardings, status changes and benefits schedules etc.
- Partner closely with the GTM teams to align on schedules, invoicing and other critical processes for both payouts and revenue recognition.
- Oversee collections process, create action plan for outstanding accounts and/or bad debt allocation.
- Act as an SME for our internal Product team, providing valuable insights and feedback on features and functionality of our product.
- Draft financial statements for US Entity. Prepare and submit US Sales Tax.
- Other related duties as assigned
Who we’re looking for
- 4+ years of progressive public accounting experience
- CPA designation
- Work in both software/technology and Big 4 is an asset
- Experience leading and managing a team of finance professionals
- Ability to build trusting relationships across a variety of departments and levels
- Proficient in Excel, experienced with accounting systems (i.e. XERO, Quickbooks), and SalesForce
We’re committed to helping mission-driven organizations spend smarter
We empower mission-driven organizations around the world – across industries like biotechnology, education, health care, manufacturing, and software – to achieve their goals by making their money go further.
Money is complicated, managing it shouldn’t be. We make spend management smart and simple.
You’re empowered to do your best work
We’ve created an environment where personal and professional growth is a real priority.
Some of the great perks we offer include:
- Flexible working: We’re a remote-first organization with flexible working hours. Work anywhere from within Canada!
- Four-day workweek: Burnout is real. To help you restore balance between work and life, all Procurify team members work four days a week.
- Unlimited responsible time off: Work hard, play harder. All team members can take advantage of our unlimited responsible time off policy.
- Extended health benefits: Massage appointments, dental coverage, counseling… You name it, our extended health benefits program likely covers it. Take advantage and become the best version of yourself.
- Community initiatives: We have a strong commitment to community. Join one of our regular community days, donate to our Donate Your Day program, and get involved with one of our lunch and learns.
- Stock options: Everyone has a chance to own a part of Procurify!
- DEI initiatives: We regularly run a diversity, equity, and inclusion roundtable where we host guest speakers and tackle the topics that matter.
We have an amazing team
We’ve welcomed team members who were boat captains, funeral directors, swing dancers, competitive gamers, plumbers, and novelists. Everyone has a story and we’re here to embrace them!
Procurify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any team members or applicants for employment because of race, color, disability, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity and/or expression.
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyway. We know that feelings of imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting incredible candidates, and we certainly don’t want those feelings to get in the way of meeting you!
Apply online today and let’s start a conversation.