Job Description Summary
If you enjoy technical work and troubleshooting mechanical/electrical equipment, this could be your next opportunity!
Here at STEMCELL Technologies we are looking for an Equipment Technician to join our growing team! This role is key for the operation of the company, as you will be responsible for routine maintenance and calibration of laboratory, production, testing, storage, and monitoring equipment as required by STEMCELL's quality system.
You will be responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and diagnosing equipment mechanical and electrical malfunctions. This position will also support other functions within the Facilities department and may be required to be part of the 24/7 equipment on call emergency program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for completing assigned work orders or service requests by the equipment planner/scheduler and completing the tasks in a timely manner
- Document and record completed work in accordance with Good Documentation Practices as stipulated by the STEMCELL’s quality policy
- Assist and/or collaborate with fellow technical personnel within Facilities in completing complex repair or routine work
- Respond and address equipment, call out alarms and escalate major breakdown incidents that can have potential impact to product quality
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Post Secondary Certificate or Diploma in Mechanical and/or Electrical field
- 1-2 years of experience, and/or co-op experience
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and with ability to learn new software applications when required
- Experience in a regulated industry and a good understanding of ISO and/or GMP regulations is an asset
- Experience with Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting