Slack is looking for an experienced product leader to join our Expansion team to lead and deliver delightful customer experiences. This person will be responsible for helping the 1M+ teams that start using Slack every year successfully get off the ground, across our $1B+ run-rate Self-Service and Enterprise businesses. The Expansion team owns the entire new user journey across every platform (web, desktop, and mobile) from sign-up through to monetization and retention. We are looking for a growth-minded product leader to drive the team’s strategy and roadmap, and be able to deliver direct impact with their engineering and design counterparts. This person is critical to Slack’s overall business as nearly every new company that starts using Slack begins with bottoms-up adoption.
We are looking for a product leader who can continuously up-level our team user journey. This role is perfect for someone who cares deeply about the end to end user experience, sweating the details so that our users have a delightful experience when joining Slack, and helping them deepen their engagement with Slack. This person is customer centric and hypothesis driven in their work, making strategic bets that meaningfully make a difference in our users lives. They should have an ownership mentality for driving impact, be data-informed to find insights, and prioritize learning quickly to deliver value to our customers. They should also have a strong leadership presence with executives, and act as a mentor to other product managers on the team.
As hundreds of millions of people have moved to new ways of working into a new hybrid remote world, this area’s critical mission is to build product experiences that make the working lives of people using Slack simpler, more pleasant, and more productive.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing:
- You’ll accelerate the growth of our self-service business, helping more teams commit to Slack and get value out of our platform
- You’ll develop a long-term product strategy and roadmap that focuses on the opportunities that have the biggest customer impact, making our users lives more pleasant and productive on Slack
- You’ll be inspiring executives, leadership, and cross-functional peers on your product vision and solutions
- You’ll identify and drive delightful end user experiences for first time users on Slack, leading with deep user empathy and a passion for sweating the Little Big Details
- You’ll lead cross-functional teams to execute successfully against key priorities and top projects that result in a positive impact on the customer experience as evidenced by quantitative and qualitative metrics
- You’ll launch critical, high-impact products smoothly in ways that build customer trust and value
- You’ll execute at a fast pace with a focus on user experience, impact, and learning in collaboration with engineering, design and marketing peers: making trade-offs, anticipating staffing needs, risks, and ensuring frequent and clear communication
What you should have:
- 8+ years of experience leading major product initiatives across consumer or direct-to-customer business products. You can take rough themes and big ideas and turn them into a roadmap of features, experiments, and research with minimal guidance
- Deep customer empathy and product craft, with a strong attention to detail
- Experience working on growth product areas, with a proven track record of delivering user value
- Excellent communication skills, whether working with executives, cross-functional partners, or when mentoring peers
- Ownership mentality from what we build to how we market. Accountability for driving business impact, in an experiment-driven product culture, ideally in Hybrid SMB or Consumer Growth
- Data-informed and experiment-driven style to optimize for learning. You can design, run, and interpret experiments and A/B tests
- Portfolio-oriented product approach for balancing bold, high-upside bets with quick wins
- Impeccable follow-through. You say what you’ll do, and do what you say. You hold your team to this standard. You don’t let details slip
- Tolerance for ambiguity, creativity in strategy and execution tactics, and always improving the status quo and moving things forward
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce, Inc. or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.