For companies in the construction and labour industries, safety is mission-critical. It touches every employee who sets foot on a job site, affecting culture and morale, project deliverables and timelines, profitability and reputation. It’s a highly complex ecosystem with countless requirements - all of which are government-mandated and enforced. With the majority of companies still relying on paper forms and antiquated point solutions for documenting safety compliance, SALUS is poised to lead an epic evolution.
Our SaaS platform is built to mirror safety workflows digitally, combining a web app for real-time monitoring of daily operations with powerful reporting capabilities, and a mobile app designed specifically for achieving the highest level of adoption amongst field-level workers.
SALUS is a well-funded, VC-backed startup with kickass culture, a solid customer base spanning North America and an insanely high retention rate. A small but mighty Vancouver-based operation poised for rapid growth, our next wave of expansion begins in Q1 2023. We are currently seeking an experienced Corporate Controller to join our growing team. We’re continuing to create a diverse work culture that closely matches the diversity of our client base and seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
Reporting to the COO, you will join as Salus’ first full time finance team member and will play a key role in building out the finance function. You will need to be process-oriented and possess a high attention to detail while adapting to an early-stage, fast-evolving environment. Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative attitude are essential for this role as you will be a trusted partner to the business and leadership team.
Please note that we work closely with a fractional CFO and bookkeeping firm, so you won’t be starting from scratch.
What You’ll Do
- Complete accounting oversight through month-end financial close and reporting
- Prepare financial packages for management as well as investors and the board
- Partner cross functionally to identify, track, and integrate financial and business KPIs
- Design and implement budgeting, reporting, and expense tracking practices for growth
- Play a key role in our revenue engine as customer-facing A/R lead; oversee A/P (external)
- Collaborate with HR and sales on payroll and commission calculations
- Manage relationships with external accounting, tax, and banking partners
- Protect our future with age/stage appropriate insurance and control frameworks
- Ensure tax and regulatory compliance across Canadian and US entities
- Lead first annual audit and present financials to the board audit committee
What You’ll Bring
- A CPA designation and at least 6-8+ years of experience which ideally includes 2+ years in a high-growth SaaS company
- A strong understanding of GAAP and revenue recognition in SaaS-based companies
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Interest in building a finance function and managing a team
- Strong technical skills with experience in systems integrations and various financial and ERP systems (ex. QuickBooks, Plooto, Salesforce, Expensify, Dext, etc.)