We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between managing their books and running their businesses.
Our mission is to help every business owner thrive, by providing financial insight and peace of mind in one seamless platform. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench and read more about our business here!
What does the Retro team look like?
Are you passionate about providing an excellent customer experience and love problem solving? Do you enjoy challenging how we currently do things and experimenting with what can be done better? Being a member of the Retro Onboarding team is a unique challenge, which calls for exceptional team members!
Our team is laser focused on customer experience and ensuring customers are set up for success for their time with Retro as well as long-term with Bench. You’ll be a key part in defining the optimal onboarding experience for large scope customers who have gotten behind on their bookkeeping, collaborating on new initiatives, as well as directly contributing to Bench’s profitability goals through your impact.
What you’ll get up to:
- The majority of your time will be spent working with past, present, and new retro clients to engage them in the process of collecting and verifying their historical documentation for their catch up bookkeeping ((clients who have fallen behind on Bookkeeping by 2+ years)
- Partnering with customers to facilitate the document collection process for small business owners - while solution-ing issues such as closed accounts, third party access troubleshooting, and the organization and auditing of documents.
- When needed to support your customers, reaching out and troubleshooting with banking institutions, merchants, payroll, loan providers on how we can better integrate/ collect documents.
- Proactively reducing customer churn during the onboarding experience by supporting the client in all things customer onboarding(s), driving product adoption for various platforms and helping clients to become familiar with our platform and services
- Continually experimenting with ways to improve our processes, procedures, and service offerings.
- Collaborating across teams to improve processes - you will be a key player in ensuring a timely and organized Retro experience.
What you’ll need:
- You’re not satisfied with “good enough”, and nothing that needs fixing is just someone else’s job. You love to experiment, try new things, and drive improvement within your own team, or across the wider organization.
- You’re a resilient, strong individual performer who is energized by meeting individual and team targets and contributing to the team’s success.
- Confident presence on the phone and strong communication skills.
- You use your critical thinking skills to assess a problem against possible solutions and act quickly in the interest of your customer
- Comfortable holding multiple calls each day, with a variety of business owners each with unique requirements and support needs
- Talented multi tasker: holding a conversation, taking notes over the phone, navigating apps and sites to gather docs and accessing time sensitive information.
- You have an attitude that welcomes constant feedback, both giving and receiving. This is a role that requires you to be open to ambiguity, change, and experimentation.
- Are excited about owning a client’s experience at Bench, and the responsibility that comes with it.
- 2+ years experience in a customer facing role
What you’ll get:
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The OTE for this role is $50,500, with a component of these earnings made up of variable pay.
- In addition, we offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, paid flex days, and full health, dental, and vision.
- You’ll get unlimited access to Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service, and access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing and coaching for many of life’s challenges.
- You will have the support of your manager, and the opportunity to learn and develop with a team of unconventional & diverse Benchmates, who are all working together to achieve the same mission.
- We have a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- If you live in BC’s Lower Mainland, you have the opportunity to work at home or in our downtown office location, depending on your preference! If you’re interested in remote only, we currently focus our hiring efforts in the following provinces: British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia.
- We provide solutions to bring all teams together for collaboration and connection.
- Regardless of how many days you decide to visit the office, you’ll have access to our Home Office Setup Fund to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work from somewhere other than your home province for up to 3 months, within a 12 month period.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. If you are selected for an interview and require support during the process, including disability accommodation, we'll give you the opportunity to tell us when we contact you.