Who are we?
Svante is a rapidly growing clean energy technology company making commercial-scale carbon capture and removal a reality and enabling global industries to play offense in the fight against climate change that will accelerate the global transition to a lower-carbon economy. The growing success of our company is owed to our commitment to our people, our emphasis on our values, and our innovative technology. Passion is put into what we do every day.
The Role: Change Management & User Adoption Specialist
Who are you?
Be part of a world-class team that wants to tackle one of the most important challenges of our generation; low cost and high-volume capture of CO2 at gigatons scale. As a Svante employee, you will apply your talents in ways that make a difference in our world by directly contributing towards technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Svante has been nominated one of the best clean-energy technology company for future investment with a credible solution for capturing point-source CO2 emissions and accelerating the global transition to a lower-carbon economy.
To support us in achieving our digital transformation objectives, we are seeking an enthusiastic, detail oriented individual to provide systems change management and user adoption expertise across all Digital Business projects and initiatives. This role will be instrumental in ensuring that changes involving organizational processes, digital tools, and business solutions are effectively orchestrated and supported to promote awareness, desire, and successful adoption by impacted users.
Svante believes that the success of technology-centric change starts with the human element. Reporting to Digital Business, you will focus on two main areas.
Firstly, you will lead change management activities by leveraging right-sized methodologies, processes and tools to ensure the human element is addressed in terms of preparedness, understanding, willingness, skill, and advocacy. You will handle the communications aspects of key change initiatives, conduct impact and readiness assessments, and ensure sufficient change activities, such as training material creation and training exercises, are conducted in our initiatives.
Secondly, you will provide engaging hands-on systems training to staff across the company to address the user adoption needs of that invariably exist on a day-to-day basis, outside of formal projects. This training will cover a broad range of any number of topics, such as how to get the most out of Microsoft Teams; best practices on leveraging SharePoint; how to participate effectively in Agile projects; how to become a Digital Whiteboarding guru; and so on. This will include providing lunch and learns, producing a library of video tutorials and how-to guides, shadowing end-users to understand some of the technology difficulties they are facing, and being the voice of change where new standards (for example, in cybersecurity) may require people to do things differently. You will be an ardent evangelist of digital technology and will stay abreast of new pending features of our technology providers so users can be proactively prepared for change as needed. Ultimately, your role will be pivotal in helping staff embrace our technology investments with fluency and enthusiasm.
- Corporate Shared Services
- Product Engineering
- Quality Management
- R&D Process Development
- SAB Manufacturing
- Supply Chain Team
- Technical Services
- Corporate Shared Services
- Industry consultants
- Software vendors
- Leverage appropriate processes such as impact analysis, readiness assessments, stakeholder mapping, requirements definition, etc. to enable effective change management and user adoption at both the portfolio and project levels.
- Lead systems training activities, either by providing training directly or ensuring others (such as vendors) are performing training activities as required.
- Prepare and deliver training materials such video tutorials and how-to guides, and assist others in preparing similar materials, consistent with the Digital Business approach toward knowledge management.
- Perform key communications regarding change, either directly or in conjunction with other teams such as Human Resources, Marketing, I.T., etc.
- Identify change risks and prepare risk mitigation plans.
- Integrate change management activities into portfolio and project plans.
- Mentor and coach other staff, such as Product Owners and Team Leads, who are engaged in delivering change management and user adoption to their teams.
- Support continuous improvement of existing Digital Business investments and stay current on pending features and trends.
- Define and measure change related KPIs and CSFs and monitor change progress.
- A solid understanding of the psychology behind change, how people experience changes differently from one another, and how to apply strategies to build buy-in and positivity.
- Extensive knowledge of at least two, and familiarity with most others, of the following: Microsoft 365, SharePoint Online, Project Online, Azure DevOps, ERP systems, CRM, Enterprise Content & Document Management, Camtasia (or similar), Learning Management tools & systems, and Cybersecurity best practices.
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly and correctly; and teach these concepts to others.
- Ability to build strong relationships and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Demonstrated ability identifying and managing stakeholder change resistance.
- Sincere desire to learn about the business and relate to stakeholders on their own terms in an emotionally intelligent and empathetic manner.
- Strong understanding of Agile delivery methodologies and how change planning, change execution, communications, and user adoption fit into each phase of the project lifecycle.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with a strong capability to facilitate collaborative change and/ or training exercises amongst business, technical, and vendor stakeholders.
- Advocacy of Lean Principles, and sincere, passionate belief in Svante’s values and business mission.
- A good understanding of change models such as Prosci, Kubler Ross, ADKAR, McKinsey 7S, etcetera and how to leverage such models effectively would be a strong plus.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field and/ or a recognized certification in Change Management.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.