Ministry of Forests
Multiple Locations (Hybrid)
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work 2 days at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement, following the successful completion of the six-month probation period.
$86,200.00 - $122,100.01 annually
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) is a unique program of the Ministry of Forests (MOF). Working collaboratively with regional and district operations, BCTS plans, develops, and auctions a substantial portion of the province’s annual available timber volume. BCTS operations are guided by three overarching principles, forest sector safety, reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples and sustainable forest management.
The Business Manager oversees the delivery of a diverse range of financial management, human and physical resources and administrative services ensuring the appropriate resources, policy practices and controls are in place. The Business Manager is responsible for establishing priorities, allocating resources and resolving issues affecting the Business Area (BA). The position is responsible for implementing business practices reflective of the private sector to provide benchmark information for provincial timber pricing
Qualifications for this role include:
- Post Secondary degree or diploma in accounting, business administration, public administration or commerce, or CPA designation or Government Financial Management Certificate Program and three years of directly related experience in a financial or accounting role.
- Post Secondary education equivalent to a degree or diploma and five years of experience directly related to financial or accounting role.
- Experience in program administration including allocating resources, leading and coaching diverse teams and supervising staff.
- Directly related experience must include a combination of the following:
- Experience developing, managing and delivering programs or services related to financial or administrative services, strategic business planning, and procurement.
- Experience in business planning, contract administration, budget management, risk management and internal financial controls.
For more information and to apply online by September 19, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/104417