About The Position
Today, as many as 25 million medical professionals globally don’t have access to medical imaging, which is proven to improve patient care and reduce healthcare costs. That’s why we’re on a mission to make medical imaging accessible everywhere by delivering high-performance, affordable, and easy-to-use solutions powered by artificial intelligence and connected to the cloud.
By making Clarius your next career move, you’re joining a team of 140+ people who are talented, innovative, and highly collaborative. You’re also joining a community that includes thousands of physicians worldwide who use Clarius to deliver better patient care – nearly two million high-definition exams have been performed using Clarius! And you’re joining a remarkable team that’s hitting it out of the park.
We are seeking an experienced Ultrasound Acoustic Test Engineer to join our growing team. In this role you will play a vital role in Clarius’ ongoing development and release of high-quality ultrasound scanners for a variety of medical applications.
You will be working within the V&V Engineering team to ensure ultrasound scanners meet our high-quality standards, ensuring regulatory safety requirements are met. Your work will allow medical practitioners around the globe to safely and effectively use our scanners to improve patient care.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Plan and perform ultrasound scanner acoustic output test to fulfill regulatory requirements and standards.
- Perform acoustic output calculations & analysis, measurement accuracy test & prepare formal reports for internal and external usage.
- Implement improvements to the current testing procedures, generate scripts to automate steps of the acoustic testing process.
- Participate in the development of test plans, test cases, test scenarios based on requirements and design documents.
- Assist in software functional, regression and integration tests for new implementations and changes to existing software.
- Identify, analyze, and create detailed records of problems that appear during testing, such as software defects, bugs, functionality issues, and output errors; work directly with software developers to find solutions and develop retesting procedures.
- Provide frequent feedback to developers, including recommendations for improvements, evaluation of problems, potential solutions, and discussion of further test requirements.
- Perform product testing based on applicable medical devices and electrical safety standards.
- Liaise with the quality assurance and regulatory affairs team to provide data, documentation and support for any potential regulatory and safety issues which may affect the release of the product.
Your Experience So Far:
- Diploma or B.Sc. in in Biomedical Engineering/Science, Electrical Engineering, or relevant Discipline
- 2 years’ experience carrying out laboratory tests, analyzing the results and writing reports.
- Familiarity with IEC 60601-2-37:2010 and other relevant international regulations regarding ultrasound acoustic safety testing.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with electronic testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, and thermocouples
- Proficient in MATLAB, LabView, or other similar simulation tools
- Competent in utilizing mathematical and statistical analysis.
- Experience with scripting/programming languages (e.g., Python, Java, C++)
- Hands on experience testing mobile (Android, iOS) & web Apps and familiar with Cloud infrastructures such as AWS, Microsoft Azure is an asset.
- Familiar with source versioning, problem reporting and constant integration systems (SVN, Git, JIRA, Jenkins)
- Understanding of SDLC, STLC processes, software testing best practices and testing methodologies.
- Demonstrable ability to be thorough, with attention to details & great analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Must be action-oriented, can learn new technologies and quickly put them into action.
More Reasons to Consider:
- Commute/Home Allowance: Extra cash to put towards gas/parking/home office necessities/whatever you wish!
- Flexible Hours & Hybrid Model: A hybrid role with flex hours encouraging you to work in accordance with your own lifestyle.
- Volunteer Days: Give back to any cause close to your heart by getting paid to volunteer during the working day.
- Professional Development Program: Company provided finance to attend programs/seminars/conferences and courses of your choosing.
- Working Space: You’ll love our new office. Equipped with everything needed for you to succeed as well as sit/stand desks, a wellness room, a stocked kitchen, and lots of outdoor amenities for summer activities. Our campus also has a day-care facility, on-site gym, parking, and is SkyTrain station adjacent.
Clarius Mobile Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from any qualified candidate regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. Please let us know if you require any accommodations during the interview process.