The Account Executive at Microsoft leads our most valued customers into the digital age. Embracing a challenger mindset, the successful Account Executive manages, orchestrates and leads their virtual teams and working with customers on their priorities and enabling them on delivering business outcomes.
The Account Executive will be responsible for the following:
- Builds and maintains relationships with executives and business and technical decision makers at high levels of the customer's organization to establish alignment on mutual goals and trust in future interactions. Seeks to deepen relationship with customers during interactions by being customer-focused and consistently honoring commitments and connecting the customer to Microsoft executives. Works with customers to understand their key priorities, and helping them to be successfully delivering business outcomes. Partners with them to foster trust and brand growth and loyalty through multiple levels (e.g., managers, executives) of the customer's organization in the assigned accounts. Assists partners in joint-selling by establishing joint desire to create new go-to markets by starting to build relationships in new markets (e.g.,Vice President).
- Proactively develops a strong understanding of the customer's industry and priorities for each assigned account, identifies opportunities to drive optimizations and new digitalization solutions based on customer's strategies, and presents solutions/ideas based on customer insights. Advocates on behalf of the customer internally, ensuring requests and needs of assigned accounts are being addressed.
- Understands customer drivers of digital transformation and leads new opportunities and orchestrates internal teams to accelerate the customer's digital transformation. Engages with customers to lead strategic technology direction/transformation within assigned accounts customer. Ensures line-of-business wins are captured (e.g., testimonials) for referencing.
- Develops and oversees the execution of account plans for multiple accounts to ensure Microsoft revenue targets and customer business needs are met. Drives accountability to deliver on account plans among the extended virtual teams and internal industry experts. Leads extended team and embraces partners to scale business by understanding partner goals and creating an interested in mutual business growth. Ensures sales consumption and adoption goals on target.
- Engages with internal and external stakeholders on business planning to review and plan for accounts. Set priorities, focus, and resources and strengthens operations, ensuring that the extended virtual team and other stakeholders are working toward common goals.
- Anticipates moves within assigned accounts, as well as potential problems and ways to mitigate risks. Determines prioritization of action for multiple assigned accounts based on customer needs, sales-generating importance, growth opportunities, and account risks, all while maintaining a high level of commitment and accountability for assigned accounts. Consults and coordinates with the account management team to make necessary adjustments, determine what actions to tackle first, and re-adjust priorities to respond to pressing and changing demands.
- Expands network of key internal (e.g., ISD- Industry Solutions Delivery) and external partners for accounts to ensure execution of core tasks and account transactions. Grows sales and partner impact and engages key partners to develop and promote mutually-beneficial customer digital transformation strategies.
- Seeks customer feedback (both formal and informal) of assigned accounts to identify and understand the drivers of satisfaction and/or dissatisfaction. Leverages internal resources to support customer needs. Orchestrates others (e.g. Specialized account team, or Customer Success Team) to anticipate issues/risks on customer satisfaction, determine the root cause of problems, remove blockers, and establish recovery action plans as need to improve customers' overall experience. Proactively establishes agreement on success measures and manages execution on success measures to prevent need for recovery plans.
- Leads and orchestrates extended virtual teams and key stakeholders with deep industry expertise (e.g., industry solutions executives) to expand relationship with decision makers and stakeholders of assigned accounts. Leverages best-in-class sales and communication techniques and tools to meet customer needs and accelerate sales.
- Educates decision makers of assigned accounts on Microsoft's value proposition aligned to customer's business objectives. Establishes the competitive advantage. Develops plans to offer solutions that satisfy customers' key performance indicators (KPIs) and align the right partner solution for customer industry needs.
- Develops value-proposition presentations (e.g., with the use of business cases) and specialized business plans for customers that drive business outcomes to generate business and upsells. Presents business plans to customers to generate new opportunities.
- Implements strategies to engage relevant stakeholders of assigned accounts and create and/or identify upselling/cross-selling opportunities and drive usage of Microsoft products.
- Has a deep understanding of customer(s) industry, can confidently speak to the business trends and priorities that will enable their customers success in digital transformation and deliver business outcomes.
- Proactively builds and maintains a strong knowledge of Microsoft's product landscape, solutions, and strategy in the industry of assigned accounts, as well as of the business priorities and potential threats the customers face. Coordinates with internal industry experts (e.g., industry solutions executives) to gather industry data of assigned accounts and improve planning. Demonstrates a strong understanding of the customers' business strategy and the direction of the industry.
- 5+ years experience working in an industry, driving digital transformation, and/or relevant work experience (e.g., consulting, technology)
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Business, Technology, or related field AND 3+ years of experience working in a relevant industry, driving digital transformation, and/or relevant work experience (e.g., consulting, technology)
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration Degree AND 2+ years experience working in an industry, driving digital transformation, and/or relevant work experience (e.g., consulting, technology).
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 8+ years experience working in an industry, driving digital transformation, or other relevant work experience (e.g., consulting, technology)
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Business, Technology, or related field AND 6+ years of experience working in an industry, driving digital transformation, or other relevant work experience (e.g., consulting, technology)
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration Degree AND 4+ years experience working in an industry, driving digital transformation, or other relevant work experience (e.g., consulting, technology).
- 3+ years account management experience
- OR equivalent.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.